- What is psychotherapy and why might you need it?
What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is the practice of alleviating psychological distress through talking. I work with my clients to try to understand their experiences. I help bring a sense of meaning and possible change to their world. The impetus for change needs to come from my client and involves progress through a series of stages
Sometimes emotional health needs professional attention and one of the goals of psychotherapy is to bring what’s unconscious into consciousness thereby:
- relieving symptoms
- resolving problems
- coping better
- modifying familiar patterns of thoughts or behaviours
- Who is psychotherapy for and does it work?
Who is psychotherapy for?
Psychotherapy is also for people who are experiencing:
- emotional or relationship problems
- major life-changes
- loss or bereavement
- stress or work related stress
Does psychotherapy work?
Research shows that most therapies are useful. I am an integrative psychotherapist. This means that I use both cognitive and analytical techniques. To meet my client’s goals it is crucial that together we develop a trusting professional relationship that will create a secure base for us to work from. I help my client to become motivated, prepared to confront their difficulties and open to allowing change
- Will it work for you and am I the right psychotherapist for you?
Will it work for you?
I have seen many clients gain benefit from psychotherapy, some after just a few sessions. However, psychotherapy may not be suitable for everyone. During our initial meeting we will discuss your expectations and objectives
Am I the right psychotherapist for you?
The relationship with your therapist is central to the process. I will bring many years experience, psychological knowledge, understanding, a safe environment and a confidential and non-judgemental relationship. You will bring first hand knowledge of your unique experiences and circumstances. We will work together
- The First Step
- If you would like to contact me please call me on 07787 517363 or if you would prefer, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can arrange an initial meeting, telephone or skype session and I will answer any queries you may have and together we will decide whether we can make the commitment to work with each other
- My background, training and experience
My psychotherapy/counselling and supervision trainings
- Certificate in CBT accredited by British Psychological Society
- Certificate in the Principles of the Theory and Practice of Supervision, Metanoia Institute, London, accredited by Middlesex University
- Consultant in EMDR Trauma Counselling, EMDR Workshops, EMDR Europe Association
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, London, accredited by Middlesex University
- Diploma in Clinical Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, London, accredited by Middlesex University
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent’s College, City University, London
- Certificate of Family Therapy, Kensington Consultation Centre
I work to the Code of Ethics and am a member of both the following organisations
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)
- Accredited Member of United Kingdom Counsellors and Psychotherapists (UKCP)
I have many years experience working with people encountering a wide range of difficulties including:
- depression, anxiety/panic attacks and phobias
- relationship difficulties
- bereavement and major life-changes
- trauma and abuse
- feeling that life has no meaning
- Contract & Fees
If we decide to work together we will agree a set time, on a set day each week to meet. If there is a need to rearrange sessions I will try to be flexible about changing appointments but all sessions will be chargeable unless otherwise agreed
An individual session is £65.00 for 50 minutes
Concessionary rates are occasionally available