- What is counselling and how does it work?
What is counselling?
There are times when it would feel too difficult to talk to a partner, a member of your family or a friend. Counselling is being able to talk to a professional who will listen and offer a non-judgemental, confidential environment with time to explore the various options which may enable you to resolve your issues
How does counselling work?
We work together over a number of sessions to clarify your problems and agree what and how you would like to change. I offer counselling, information, advice and if necessary a referral service
- Will it work for you and how is counselling given?
Will It Work For You?
Many clients gain benefit and relief from counselling. Talking to a professional who is neutral can facilitate the process of:
- exploring and focusing on difficult problems
- clarifying objectives and goals
- identifying realistic options
- learning how to cope better with challenges, opportunities and traumas
However, counselling may not be suitable for everyone
How is counselling given?
CG Counselling offers:
- on the telephone
- on Skype
- The First Step
- If you would like to call please ring 07787 517363 or if you prefer email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can arrange an initial meeting, telephone or skype session and I will answer any queries you may have before we decide whether to work together
- My background, training and experience
My psychotherapy/counselling and supervision trainings
- Certificate in CBT accredited by British Psychological Society
- Certificate in the Principles of the Theory and Practice of Supervision, Metanoia Institute, London, accredited by Middlesex University
- Consultant in EMDR Trauma Counselling, EMDR Workshops, EMDR Europe Association
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, London, accredited by Middlesex University
- Diploma in Clinical Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, London, accredited by Middlesex University
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling, Regent’s College, City University, London
- Certificate of Family Therapy, Kensington Consultation Centre
I work to the Code of Ethics and am a member of both the following organisations
- Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)
- Accredited Member of United Kingdom Counsellors and Psychotherapists (UKCP)
I have many years experience working with people encountering a wide range of difficulties including:
- depression, anxiety/panic attacks and phobias
- relationship difficulties
- bereavement and major life-changes
- trauma and abuse
- feeling that life has no meaning
- Contract & Fees
If we decide to work together we will agree a set time, on a set day each week to meet. If there is a need to rearrange sessions I will try to be flexible about changing appointments but all sessions will be chargeable unless otherwise agreed
An individual session is £65.00 for 50 minutes
Concessionary rates are occasionally available