- What is Career Coaching and who is it for?
What is coaching?
Coaching is working with a skilled, experienced professional who can be a catalyst to enable you to analyse your strengths and weaknesses with the intention of improving your professional performance and enhancing your career
Who is coaching for?
Coaching is for individuals who:
- want to maximise their potential career growth and performance adding value to themselves and/or their organisation
- want to make a career change and don’t know how to begin or what they have to offer
- are in danger of losing their jobs and want to explore the organisational internal job market
- are going to be made redundant and are seeking career advice and redundancy counselling
- Do you have work problems and how can I help?
Do you have work problems?
- are you in the wrong job
- going nowhere
- being made redundant
- want help to look at other career options
How can I help you?
I have had many years experience in large multi-national organisations, small private companies as well as the public sector and as a non-executive director of a Health Authority. I have set up and run my own businesses in IT and HR. I have:
- worked with all levels of staff
- a deep understanding of organisations and their different cultures
I can provide the space and the time to help you clarify your career objectives. My prime coaching objectives are:
- Developmental – to encourage your self belief and improve your performance
- Motivational – to increase your commitment to yourself and your organisation
- Remedial – to help you manage your problems and make possible changes
- Emotional – to improve your relationships with your colleagues
- What do I have to offer you and how is the coaching given?
What do I have to offer you?
- an ability to analyse and develop strategies
- listening skills and informed advice
- a strong commitment to encourage development
How are coaching and career counselling given?
- to a group
- at an agreed convenient location
- on the telephone
- on Skype
- Contract & Fees
If we decide to work together we will agree a set time, on a set day each week to meet. If there is a need to rearrange sessions I will try to be flexible about changing appointments but all sessions will be chargeable unless otherwise agreed
Fees are agreed at the initial consultation and paid after each session
- My background, training and experience
My background and training
Having made a career change from the medical world into business I worked with a global US outplacement organisation designing and delivering individual and group outplacement programmes throughout the UK
I was then approached to set up and manage a company that successfully provided:
- internal outplacement during a downsizing programme from 60,000 to 48,000 employees for a large international bank
- coaching and mentoring for senior executives
- an Employee Assistance Programme
I attended many training courses in London and Houston, US but I also qualified as a:
- Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development with the CIPD, Wimbledon, London
- Please note by clicking these links a new browser window will be opened